top of page
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

District 77 

IMPORTANT: In an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our staff and our community, our team will be working remotely until further notice.

Please call (915) 351-4031, email, or send us a message in the chatbox below for assistance. We will respond as soon as we can! 


Capitol (Austin) Office​

Phone: (512) 463-0638 

Physical Address: Capitol Extension Office E2.204

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2910 Austin, Texas 78768

Public Parking: 1201 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701

Brooke Galindo, Chief of Staff

Paulina Tamayo, District and Legislative Director

Malea McMurray, Policy Advisor

District (El Paso) Office

Phone: (915) 351-4031

Physical Address: 310 N. Mesa St. Suite 424 El Paso, Texas 79901

Mailing Address: 310 N. Mesa St. Suite 424 El Paso, Texas 79901

Public Parking: Metered street parking or public parking at 208 E Main St, El Paso, TX 79901

Malea McMurray, Community Liaison

Constituent Services

Constituent Services
How can the Representative help? 

Serving the constituents of House District 77 is the top priority of our office. Our goal is to provide prompt and thorough assistance to constituents when they are experiencing an issue with the state-related government. We will initiate an inquiry with the relevant state agency and provide all supporting documentation, if appropriate. Although our office cannot guarantee the outcome in any constitute matter, my staff and I will do our best to facilitate the casework process, and ensure a fair and timely review of the case. 

Our office staff is available to assist our constituents with a range of state government matters including:

  • Child and Adult Foster Care

  • Child  and Adult Protective Services

  • Child Support

  • Children’s Health Insurance Program benefits

  • Consumer Protection

  • Crime Victims Program

  • Driver’s License and Identification

  • Elderly and Aging Services

  • Environmental Issues overseen by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality

  • Financial Aid Resources

  • Food Stamps (SNAP)

  • Medicaid

  • Professional Licensing

  • State Prison System

  • State Rehabilitation Services

  • State Youth Incarceration

  • State Health and Mental Health Services

  • State Licensed Nursing Homes

  • Transportation Issues covered by the Texas Department of Transportation

  • Unemployment Insurance

  • Vital Statistics 

  • Workers Compensation

What information do you need to provide and how?

Before interventing with a state agency on a constituent's behalf, our office would need to receive a signed Constituent Information and Privacy Release Form (download form below) that allows us to make a formal inquiry. The form must be signed by the person directly affected, and it must contain all pertinent information, including: 
Full Name
Contact Information
Any number associated with the case/claim

If we do not receive a PRF or the form is incomplete, we may not be able to begin the casework process for you. 

To receive assistance, constituents can contact us in one of the following three ways:

By phone at (915) 351-4031
By email at
Or by sending us a message in the chatbox below. We'll reply as soon as possible.
Check if you're a constituent of Representative Ortega here:
Who Represents Me?

How long will it take to process your case? Can the Representative expedite your case? 

Typically, an agency responds within 30 days to a congressional inquiry. However, the nature of the case will dictate the time it takes to resolve the issues. As a general rule, state agencies will not expedite your case due to a Congressional inquiry. However, in the event of a dire need or critical health concerns or other urgent circumstances we can request that the agency expedite the case.

Can our office help with a federal or local issue? 

As a state office, we cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local or federal governments (examples include: Veterans Affairs, local school issues, and local social service office issues). However, we will contact your federal representative or local elected official on your behalf and make sure they get in touch with you. You can also click to find your state and congressional elected official.

What if your case is currently in court or legal in nature?

The ethics rules governing the Texas House of Representatives prohibit Members of the Legislature from intervening in or influencing the outcome of any case under the jurisdiction of any court. In addition, we cannot offer legal advice or recommend an attorney.

Can you meet with someone in person to discuss your case? 

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our office is currently not scheduling in-person appointments. However, we are happy to meet by phone or via video conference. Please call (915) 351-4031, email, or send us a message in the chatbox below to schedule an appointment. 

bottom of page